Odro is a small but growing software company based in Glasgow. We are looking for a “tech savvy” business analyst to join our growing company in the technology team. Your primary objective as a Business Analyst is to help extract and document requirements by bridging the gap between stakeholders and the development team, and interpreting those business requirements into understandable work by developing coherent user stories and creating workflows to communicate key concepts.
You'll help improve our organisation's efficiency and customer satisfaction by coupling customer needs with our technology, in a fast-paced business environment. Further the individual will look to make recommendations to the Principle Product Manager and the technology team that will improve our software in practical and evidence based ways.
Candidates would strongly benefit from having experience of the modern SDLC and how to use TDD, BDD, DDD and standardised user stories to aid the delivery across all disciplines. Experience with the Atlassian suite is essential, along with some background in engineering or computing fields.
- Collect and rationalise business requirements from internal project and product managers.
- Understand the backlog and help the prioritisation process.
- Document system requirements at both high and low levels.
- Ownership and maintenance of a feature catalogue.
- Proactively propose and drive improvements to the software and processes.
- Produce accurate process and data flow diagrams.
- Protecting confidentiality, integrity and availability of information and Odro’s information assets.
- 3+ years Business Analysis experience
- Atlassian suite (Jira and Confluence)
- Ability to produce internal and external quality documentation and guides.
- Agile project management techniques
- Education or experience in a technical capacity within computing (ideally Computer Science or a history of some programming exposure) to help provide a foundation for understanding the discussions with the development teams.
Applicant possessing any of the following will have a distinct advantage:
- Recruitment industry understanding
- Data analysis, modelling and visualisation
- QA experience, understanding of Cucumber / Gherkin
- CI/CD and delivery pipeline experience